- Choose a dress that currently fits your toddler.
- Lay out your cloth on the crate paper, preferably on a craft table. Smooth it so that it doesn’t have any wrinkles on either side. Make sure the bottom edges match up.
- Draw its perimeter by leaving 2 centimetres plus for the sewing margins (seams).
- Once you got your pattern ready, you place your cloth on it and cut it creating 2 sides (front and back), then mark the 2 cm seam with your fabric pen on the fabric. (Fabric pen is washable).
- You add any decorative details like pockets etc. before you start sewing your dress.
- Lay your toddler dress fabric on the craft table, so that the 2 sides (front and back) are apart, held together by the pins at the neckline. Place the outside of the fabric down on the table.
- Sew around the bias tape on the inside of the fabric, leaving a 2 cm seam allowance. (You can sew your dress by following your sewing machine’s instructions which are simple and you can find on online tutorials).
- Attach any buttons or other details by hand-sewing, if you are using a button closure. You can attach the elastic loops by hand or with a seam on your sewing machine.
Photos and text by Efthimia P.F.